Thursday, May 22, 2008

Karma is a b****


This is just a quick follow-up to my last post. My "steady" -- aka public transportation -- must have gotten word of my complaint about his lateness yesterday because today was payback time. This morning I was tricked into getting on a train going IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! I went one stop south, then had to get off and wait for the next train heading to LA. I know that sounds ridiculous, but here's a little secret about the Blue Line's Willow station: the 7:35 a.m. bus arrives on the southbound tracks from LA because it stops at Willow and then returns to LA instead of continuing south through Long Beach. At least, that's what it normally does. This morning was like the Twilight Zone. The train arrived two minutes early and then continued south instead of returning to LA. I had to laugh, even as I was unjustifiably embarrassed getting off the bus a mere stop after I'd gotten on (because really, who cared or was even paying attention to what I was doing).

Oh, and during my "dead zone" wait after work again, I snapped a photo of my new commuting shoes, taken in front of the poster at the bus stop for the Sex and the City movie. Fitting, since I'm probably as excited about my very comfortable brown suede Ahnu's from REI as Carrie Bradshaw was about a new pair of Manolo Blahniks!

No comments:

Post a Comment