Saturday, May 23, 2009

BYO Bag

I just came back from shopping and it's so nice that bringing your own bag is so accepted now. Before I left my house, I grabbed an old Express shopping bag and used it at the Gap and the bookstore. Both times the salespeople didn't think anything of it. I don't see a reason for taking home a new bag again, as long as I plan my shopping trips in advance. It's the spur-of-the-moment trips that get you. I keep a few bags in my car for the grocery store, but sometimes they're still in my apartment from my last trip so I am caught bagless. But still, it's a vast improvement over how many bags I used to use (er, waste). I'd collect them in my pantry for those occasions when you need a bag, but that didn't occur very often so the pile kept growing and growing. Now I think it's been months since I brought home a new shopping bag. Not only is that better for the environment, but it means less clutter. And that always makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. I have this nylon bag that folds up to be the size of a wallet that I keep in purse (always) so I am never caught without a bag, unless somehow I don't have my purse or my car...This isn't it but very similar http://www.reusablebags.com/store/chicobag-colorful-compact-reusable-shopping-p-450.html

    ReplyDelete