Thursday, December 17, 2009

You can never have too many reusable bags

It was down to the wire, but I got my free bag. The frugal environmentalist in me is happy because today I got a reusable grocery bag thanks to the Brag About Your Bag campaign. The deal was: bring five plastic grocery bags to participating Ralphs, Albertsons and Top Valu stores and get a free reusable bag.

Last week my co-worker Mike gave me a few plastic bags because I didn't even have enough since I always have reusable bags with me when I shop. I forgot about it over the weekend but I stopped at the grocery store tonight, the last day of the campaign, to buy ingredients for the bread I'm making for back-to-back holiday parties on Saturday. I thought the cashier knew what I was talking about when I gave him the plastic bags. But all he was doing was scanning a barcode giving me "green points" for bringing me own bags. After he handed me my groceries, I didn't get my bag. So I asked again and he was about to give me one of the green reusable bags for sale at the register when another employee went behind a nearby counter and handed me a bright red bag. There were no signs that I saw of the campaign and I wonder how many free bags were handed out. I hope lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment