Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mileage count: Week 2

For week two of sharing my mileage in my blog I'm proud to say I have an improvement to report: 281 miles instead of 363. What made the difference was one day of taking the train, which I hadn't done in months. I also jumped on my bike a few times to cut out short trips.

Here's the daily breakdown:
  • Monday: On my day off, I drove 15 miles to a doctor's appointment and to my softball game.
  • Tuesday: Drove to work. 64 miles.
  • Wednesday: Drove to work. 64 miles.
  • Thursday: I took the train to work so I drove only nine miles. Hooray! And made good headway in the book that I had been neglecting.
  • Friday: Back to driving to work. But I did bike to the gym at 5:45 am. 64 miles.
  • Saturday: Drove to work, blah blah. 65 miles. Biked a mile to my friend's house (in boots, thank you very much) and then we walked down to 2nd Street for dinner.
  • Sunday: Another no-driving Sunday. I'll call it a biking Sunday. I biked to the same friend's house so we could go running, then biked home, changed and biked to a park 1.5 miles away for softball practice. Coming home I was pretty exhausted and hungry. Yes driving would have been easier but biking isn't too bad, as long as I stay in a two-mile radius of my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment