Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More than you wanted to know about toilets

I'm way behind in updating my blog but here's a quick read, a fascinating opinion piece from the New York Times on sanitation and how to make it more environmental. Not sure how to do that? Think a "urine diversion" toilet. I can't believe I read this article over breakfast. So far my oatmeal has stayed down but my coffee isn't looking too appetizing!

The link is: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/opinion/27george.html?th=&emc=th&pagewanted=all

After I read that article, I remembered seeing a picture of a composting toilet in the Los Angeles Times last week. I guess talk of these toilets is all the rage. The picture of the beefy composting toilet caught my attention but at first I ignored the story. I figured it would be one of those "look what a few crazy people in San Francisco are doing" stories (nope, the writer is in LA but she did hesitate to replace her toilet " with something so. . . .Berkeley"). But I went back and looked at it. It gives all the info you want (and more) about composting toilets. Fascinating, oddly fascinating.

The link to "Taking the plunge with a composting toilet": http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-realist28-2009feb28,0,6198376.story

No comments:

Post a Comment